Spring is so close, and we are ready to be sprung from winter’s clutches!
Here are a few ways to March into spring!
- Open those windows and take a big gulp of fresh air — it might get a little chilly, but it will be great!
- Take a nature walk — alone or with kids. Notice the ground thawing and new shoots appearing! Look for new flowers on the trees. Collect a few rocks and paint flowers on them.
- Head to your local zoo and see how the animals are reacting to the warmer weather.
- Take an outdoor photography class or an indoor cooking class.
- Shop at a farmer’s market and stock up on some of 2015’s newest produce.
- On Saturday mornings, drive around a few yard sales or flea markets or plan and host one of your own.
- Grab the kids and go to the dollar store or Goodwill. Give each child $5 and let them shop, but only if they buy outdoor-type items. Encourage gardening items (little shovels and seeds), sidewalk chalk and buckets and toys.
- Plant a little home garden. Even if you just have a balcony in an apartment building, you can grow basil or lavender with a pail, gardening soil, seeds and some sun.
- Print out a blank calendar and plan something fun each weekend — a health fair in the community, yoga seminar, fundraiser breakfast or a playdate.
- Gather the family or friends and have a potluck dinner night — have everyone bring something special and unique to their family.
- Walk the dog a new way, and just enjoy the wandering.
- Sleep late and make pancakes for lunch.
What are your favorite ways to shake off the winter chill?