What to do when you’ve gotten a giant tin of tea for Christmas, full of holidays flavors, or you receive a holiday present with teas you’ve never heard of (Starfruit Pomegranate Spiced Black Tea?!) and even though you’ve tried to enjoy it, it languishes in your pantry.
Tea isn’t just for an afternoon drink or with scones, you can get creative and use tea in a variety of ways! Try using tea as a flavoring in ice cream, butter, or cream cheese – a strong teaspoon of your brew will do. You can also add to other ingredients to make fresh and delicious sips.
For the upcoming wintry season- try a twist on holiday drinks- tea milkshakes!
- Cup O’ Candy Canes: blend a cup of strong cooled peppermint tea with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, and garnish with crushed candy canes.
- Noggin is Great: Blend a cup of cold spice tea, vanilla ice cream and a cup of eggnog with ice cubes, and garnish with a sprinkle of cinnamon on top.
- Spice Cake: Blend chilled gingerspice or ginger tea with a teaspoon of cinnamon and vanilla ice cream, top with crushed gingersnaps.
- Apple Pie: Blend honey, a cup cooled apple cinnamon black tea with a cup of vanilla ice cream and top with a sprinkle of cinnamon, chopped apples, and raisins.
- Chocolovin’: Blend a cup of chilled chocolate, toffee, or hazelnut tea with a scoop of chocolate ice cream and a teaspoon of organic peanut butter or Nutella. Top with white or dark chocolate shavings.
- Goodly Green: Blend a cup of chilled green tea (loose or Matcha green tea) with almond milk, chopped apple, chopped kiwi, and ice cubes.
- Peachy Fine: Blend a cup of cooled peach or pear tea with a cup of ice cubes, chopped apple or pear and a teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Early Greyson: Cooled Earl Grey tea blended with almond milk and ice cubes and a half teaspoon of Stevia makes for a yummy smoothie.
- Thanks Berry Much: Blend a chilled berry tea such as raspberry, strawberry, or blackberry tea with almond milk, a few ice cubes, a sprig of mint and a handful of strawberries or blueberries.
If you are in the mood for a more adult beverage, try vodka or bourbon in a tall chilled glass with your favorite herbal brew. Adding lemon, honey, Stevia, or POM Pomegranate juice to a mug of hot black tea can kick up the flavor. And who can forget sangria – bottle of red wine, glug of brandy, 2 cups of strong fruity tea with diced apples and oranges will make your mouth happy- perfect for a holiday party.
How do you mix up your teas? Get creative!